Read Napalm & Silly Putty by George Carlin Free Online
Book Title: Napalm & Silly Putty|
The author of the book: George Carlin
ISBN 13: 9780786887583
Format files: PDF, Epub, DOCx, TXT
The size of the: 578 KB
Edition: Hachette Books
Date of issue: April 10th 2002
Reader ratings: 6.3
Loaded: 368 times
Read full description of the books Napalm & Silly Putty:
I THINK I AM, THEREFORE I AM. I THINK.
In Napalm & Silly Putty, George Carlin, the thinking person's comic, offers a hilarious new collection of razor-sharp observations on God, language, death, pets, driving, food, sports, airplanes, advertising, news, businessmen, and much, much more!
* Just when I discovered the meaning of life, they changed it.
* If people climb Mt. Everest because it's hard to do, why do they go up on the easy side?
* With a little effort, oxen can be trained to genuflect and whistle softly in the moonlight.
* How can it be a spy satellite if they announce on TV that its a spy satellite?
* If people stand in a circle long enough, they will eventually begin to dance.
* Guys don't seem to be called "Lefty" anymore.
* No one quite knows what's next, but everybody does it.
* I think it would be great if you could make a guy's head explode just by staring at him.
* Am I the only one who's noticed that the Lone Ranger and Tonto never got their laundry done?
You'll learn what Carlin thinks of saving the planet, his suggestion for revamping the prison system, and why he prays to Joe Pesci. Add to the mix "The Ten Most Embarrassing Songs of All Time," "The 20th Century Hostility Scoreboard," and "People I Can Do Without," and you have an irresistible assortment of quips, probes, thrusts, and verbal ordeals that are as smart as they are infectiously funny.
Read information about the authorGeorge Denis Patrick Carlin was a Grammy-winning American stand-up comedian, actor, author, and philosopher.
Carlin was especially noted for his political and black humor and his observations on language, psychology, and religion along with many taboo subjects. Carlin and his "Seven Dirty Words" comedy routine were central to the 1978 U.S. Supreme Court case F.C.C. v. Pacifica Foundation, in which a narrow 5-4 decision by the justices affirmed the government's right to regulate Carlin's act on the public airwaves.
Carlin's mid-2000s stand-up routines focused on the flaws in modern-day America. He often took on contemporary political issues in the United States and satirized the excesses of American culture.
A disciple of Lenny Bruce, he placed second on the Comedy Central cable television network list of the 10 greatest stand-up comedians, ahead of Bruce and behind Richard Pryor. He was a frequent performer and guest host on The Tonight Show during the three-decade Johnny Carson era, and was also the first person to host Saturday Night Live.
Add a comment to Napalm & Silly Putty
Read EBOOK Napalm & Silly Putty by George Carlin Online free
|Download Napalm & Silly Putty PDF:||napalm-amp-silly-putty.pdf|